How Do You Professionally Say?

Daily conversation

I don't agree = I understand that, however we seems to have a different perspective.

I'm busy = I am currently tied up / I am currently occupied / I am currently engaged with something / I have a lot of on my plate / I have a full plate at the moment.

I don't care = I am not particularly concerned with that.

I don't like it = It does not align with my preferences.

I like it = It meets my approval / It aligns well with my preferences.

I am an honest person = Integrity is my guiding principle, I always try to be truthful to my action and words.

I work well with others = I am optimistic about my ability to thrive in dynamic team as I value the importance of teamwork to achieve common goals.

I am creative = I deeply value creativity and innovation, I am always exploring new ways to solve problems and express ideas.

I am adaptable = I have the capacity to adjust to a new situation and challenges with a positive attitude because I believe in the power of learning from experience.

I did not mean to do it = My actions are entirely unintentional, and I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused any negative impact.

This is for you = This one is exclusively dedicated to you.

There is a mistake = I notice inaccuracy that needs to corrected.

I want to know what you think = Your thought and feedback are highly valued, and we would like to appreciate your willingness to share them with us.

It's your duty = Please be aware that this obligation is yours to fulfil.

Don't worry, I got it = Your concern is appreciated but I've got this under control.

You are wrong = There is inaccuracy and I am confident to say that you may have misunderstood.

I like this job = I am facing some difficulties aligning my interest with this current role.

We don't have to do this = We are not required to take this on.

I think I am not gonna do it = After careful consideration, I've decided not to proceed this course of action.

I am so sad = I am feeling blue

let's finish this = Let's wrap this up

I am going to cancel it = I'm gonna call it off

We are going to succeed = We are gonna pull it off

It makes me laugh = It cracks me up

I am not feeling well = I'm feeling under the weather

She is honest and straightforward = She is a straightshooter


Finance Term

Debt Finance = Money raised by borrowing.

Equity Finance = Money raised by selling shares.

Venture Capital = Smaller investments in smaller companies.

Private Equity = Bigger investments in bigger companies.

Institutional Investor = Investors who invest other people's post of money.

Leverage = A large amount of borrowed money.

Capital Market = Where you go to raise money.

Insolvency = When a company goes bust.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Revenue = The total money from sales.

Cost of Goods Sold = The cost of producing products.

Gross Profit = Revenue - COGS

Overhead Cost = The day-to-day cost of running the business

Net Profit = Gross Profit - Total cost

Variable Cost = Cost that go up the more products you sell

Fixed Cost = Cost that are unchanged based on how many products you sell

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to Speak in VC terms

Unicorn = Billion Dollar Start up.

Bootsrapping = Self-funded start up.

Burn rate = Speed of spending.

Cap table = Ownership list.

Deal flow = VC opportunities to invest.

Due Diligence = Investment homework.

Exit Strategy = Cash out plan.

Pivot = Big strategy shift.

Pre-money & Post-money valuation = Value before and after investment.

Seed money = Money to help you get started.


Learn some English words through this link as well:

1. Pepatah dalam Bahasa Inggris

2. Good terms in selling

3. Slang dan vocabulary kekinian


Do you like this content. Discuss with me through 

https://www.linkedin.com/in/zulkhaidirpurwanto/


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IELTS Academic Writing Task 1 - Map

IELTS Writing Task 1 - Process

Naik pete-pete apa ke Mall Panakkukang?